Good Ole Days

Bruh

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Don’t you miss the days of Jack Hyles and Jack Schaap when things were poppin? And we had actual dirt to talk about lol

I shouldn't say pastor Wilkerson is a disappointment because it shouldn't shock us that he praised Bro Trieber. If you go back on the forum it tells the story how he covered up for many . I lost my love for hac having watched and listened to it play out. Several staff members through the years have surprised me playing like they never knew anything was going on...they had their head in the mud.

I shouldn't say pastor Wilkerson is a disappointment because it shouldn't shock us that he praised Bro Trieber. If you go back on the forum it tells the story how he covered up for many . I lost my love for hac having watched and listened to it play out. Several staff members through the years have surprised me playing like they never knew anything was going on...they had their head in the mud.
Yes it’s very sad. My mom always says, people are people no matter where you go.

It’s been hard for me to accept that people who claim to be born again can be just as lying and manipulative as the lost world.

Yes it’s very sad. My mom always says, people are people no matter where you go.

It’s been hard for me to accept that people who claim to be born again can be just as lying and manipulative as the lost world.
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Matthew 7:21

Sadly I have found that to be true. I'm always cautious when people say I know the Lord. The devil knows the Lord also ...I'm good to people no matter what because justice is coming.....have a great day!!

Maybe start a topic on something like...I dunno...biblical?
Nah, people will just call you a theological windbag or something! The only thing people on here want to discuss is politics, scandals, what they are eating, what they are listening to, or some other nonsensical crap!

Try and start a theological discussion and it drops right to the bottom of the pile!

Nah, people will just call you a theological windbag or something! The only thing people on here want to discuss is politics, scandals, what they are eating, what they are listening to, or some other nonsensical crap!

Try and start a theological discussion and it drops right to the bottom of the pile!
Could be because of all of the know-it-all all, KAWL-EDJE, ED-GEE-K8-TED idiots....Ever think of that??? LOL!

I'm not condoning SIN nor am I making excuses for it but remember David had an afair with anothers wife and murdered her husband and took her for his self and God forgave him and used him greatly. God choose him because he was a man after God's own heart and forgave him after he failed over and over. God knows we are only flesh and we are going to sin over and over.

We see in Psalms 32 God judged David with weakness untill he repented then returned his strength. David never faced any judgement from civil government but payed a great price in his family from God.

If we are suppose to only follow perfect leaders were going to have a hard time finding them.

Last edited:
I'm not condoning SIN nor am I making excuses for it but remember David had an afair with anothers wife and murdered her husband and took her for his self and God forgave him and used him greatly. God chose him because he was a man after God's own heart and forgave him after he failed over and over. God knows we are only flesh and we are going to sin over and over.

We see in Psalms 32 God judged David with weakness untill he repented then returned his strength. David never faced any judgement from civil government but payed a great price in his family from God.

If we are suppose to only follow perfect leaders were going to have a hard time finding them.
david never faced consequences from civil government because he was the civil government..... . but had anyone under david done the same as he did they would certainly have faced consequences... in fact... when nathan the prophet told david a story that mirrored what david himself had done, david immediately declared that the man who did it should die.......

and though civil government could not touch david - God did most certainly hold him accountable for his misdeeds - and in ways that were worse than killing david as punishment.... one of davids sons raped a sister... and then was killed by his older brother - who then rebelled against davids government and waged a war against him.... in the end one of davids own men killed that son.. leaving david wishing it had been himself that had died instead..... ....i think at point in his life david would have preferred punishment by a civil government to the way God dealt with him....

but every time these kinds of threads comes up.. davids name seems to always get brought in as an example ... .not that it is always a mistake to do so, but in this case i believe it is..... though he was a servant of God david was not a priest or a prophet.. ..(in other words not a preacher or pastor).... .. he was a king.... a leader of the civil government..... comparing davids sins and the way God dealt with him to the sins of modern day preachers and pastors is making a horrendous mistake ... and in the case of pastors themselves bringing david up i believe it;s a deliberate attempt to cover and make excuses for their own sins and corruption and the sins of their fellow and associated pastors.... but the 2 cannot be compared... ..if it;s true that being a pastor is a higher calling than that of a king or civil leader than it;s also true that pastors should be held to a higher standard... .

Last edited:

That’s the ONLY reason I started this thread. I know how ppl are on the FFF. Trust me, I really did think about starting a scriptural thread but I knew it would fall right to the bottom of the pile.

david never faced consequences from civil government because he was the civil government..... . but had anyone under david done the same as he did they would certainly have faced consequences... in fact... when nathan the prophet told david a story that mirrored what david himself had done, david immediately declared that the man who did it should die.......

and though civil government could not touch david - God did most certainly hold him accountable for his misdeeds - and in ways that were worse than killing david as punishment.... one of davids sons raped a sister... and then was killed by his older brother - who then rebelled against davids government and waged a war against him.... in the end one of davids own men killed that son.. leaving david wishing it had been himself that had died instead..... ....i think at point in his life david would have preferred punishment by a civil government to the way God dealt with him....

but every time these kinds of threads comes up.. davids name seems to always get brought in as an example ... .not that it is always a mistake to do so, but in this case i believe it is..... though he was a servant of God david was not a priest or a prophet.. ..(in other words not a preacher or pastor).... .. he was a king.... a leader of the civil government..... comparing davids sins and the way God dealt with him to the sins of modern day preachers and pastors is making a horrendous mistake ... and in the case of pastors themselves bringing david up i believe it;s a deliberate attempt to cover and make excuses for their own sins and corruption and the sins of their fellow and associated pastors.... but the 2 cannot be compared... ..if it;s true that being a pastor is a higher calling than that of a king or civil leader than it;s also true that pastors should be held to a higher standard... .
Who is supposed to hold pastors to that higher standard??

Who is supposed to hold pastors to that higher standard??
the pastors own congregation is supposed to hold the pastor accountable..... but when they refuse to .. or when they are guilt tripped into believing they are not allowed to... then you have what happened in hammond...and apparently .. (according to reports...).... what is happening still.....

That’s the ONLY reason I started this thread. I know how ppl are on the FFF. Trust me, I really did think about starting a scriptural thread but I knew it would fall right to the bottom of the pile.
i got an idea... . why don;t you and baptist renegade... and anyone else complaining about the lack of theology theads on the forum... all get together and have your own theological discussion?.....:unsure:. .. i doubt anybody would stop you.... :sneaky:

i got an idea... . why don;t you and baptist renegade... and anyone else complaining about the lack of theology theads on the forum... all get together and have your own theological discussion?.....:unsure:. .. i doubt anybody would stop you.... :sneaky:
Hey man, I’m think about starting, The New FFF!

The New IFB! Ever heard of it :)

the pastors own congregation is supposed to hold the pastor accountable..... but when they refuse to .. or when they are guilt tripped into believing they are not allowed to... then you have what happened in hammond...and apparently .. (according to reports...).... what is happening still.....
Oh do tell?!?!?!?

Oh do tell?!?!?!?
This series speaks very well to the need for mutual accountability within a congregation, which can come through a plurality of elders as well as an understanding of the proper polity to be exercised within a Baptist congregation.

I'm not condoning SIN nor am I making excuses for it but remember David had an afair with anothers wife and murdered her husband and took her for his self and God forgave him and used him greatly. God chose him because he was a man after God's own heart and forgave him after he failed over and over. God knows we are only flesh and we are going to sin over and over.

I agree but sometimes God deals with someone by taking them out of power like he did Eli and Saul (Daniel 2:21, Isaiah 40:22-23, Luke 1:52) and other times he deals with sin and disobedience in other ways. David comes up as an example of the latter. God forgave David and used him greatly for many years but he did face the consequences of his actions.

God always judges sin, but he does not always do it on Tuesday. Abramham was allowed to lead the isrealites for 40 years and he was allowed to grow old. As far as we know God never judged Moses for murder unless it was exile in the desert and he did not judge Moses for breaking the tablets and he did not judge Moses for his lack of faith in him (Numbers 20:12) until many years later.